Background

Monday, December 5, 2011

Happy Day

After a long wait, and many excruciating hours of work, I got to open up my first package of published copies of Joy Found in the Simple Things!  That is a great feeling! 

A little history: The idea for this book came in December of 2008.  I worked as diligently as I could, with 3 kids, up until May of this year; taking pictures in places ranging from Denver to San Diego and the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico.  Weeding through thousands of photos, I worked on the best of them creating 45 pieces of art that would make up the soul of the book.  In May I began compiling (and recompiling) the book, writing the heart, designing the cover...  In July we submitted to a publisher and in October we became our own!

It turned out to be a beautiful book, thanks to all those who helped, and I have been so excited to share it!  We gave away 5 copies the first day we got it and sold 6.  I'd say that's a pretty good start!  I feel relieved to have it done, almost the way you feel after a long labor; but when you create something beautiful to add to this world you can't help but feel joy!


(check out my work at http://www.meloniepacker.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment