Background

Monday, December 5, 2011

Novemberfest

Hello friends!I had the greatest experience at Novemberfest and I think it might encourage all of you small business owners to break out of your comfort zones!

As you are well aware, in the past I have had a difficult time keeping my confidence up at a show.  This time my wonderful husband decided he would man the booth for me so that I wouldn't feel that fear again.  (Thereby, keeping sells up; those of you who have read/seen "The Secret" know what I mean!) However, I was in charge the last hour of the last day so David could go home and eat.

I had made a conscious decision, this time, to accept whatever God wanted to give me whether nothing or an abundance of blessings!  Whatever the result, I wasn't going to let a number affect my self-worth.  When I got to the show, I found that we had only made 3 sells again falling short of breaking even.  I started to feel that fear and reminded myself of my commitment.

A fellow crafts-man had some ideas for my next show.  "Maybe you could hold a drawing" she suggested, "and give away a piece of art."  That peaked my interest because I felt God had been leading me in a certain direction; teaching me the law of abundance which is that "whatsoever you give shall be multiplied unto you".

I had less then an hour and I knew I had to do something big!  It was hard to take that leap of faith at first; I mean, logically, the idea would cause us to take more of a loss!  When I gathered up my courage I got to work and I ended up giving away 18 pieces of art (totaling $190 our cost) but I have never felt more excited about what I do!  I realized that giving it away felt just as good (if not better) than selling it and I was happy!

Another thing I realized is that people were really thrilled to get my art.  They really enjoyed it!  I just had to get through my own blocks and, though it sounded completely insane, I did just that and I loved every minute of it! 

I wonder if Van Gogh would have known the law of abundance if he wouldn't have killed himself.  How much joy could he have had standing on a street corner holing a contest of some sort and giving away his finest pieces!  Maybe he would have lived a full life and tasted of his immortalizing fame himself...

(check out my work at http://www.meloniepacker.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment