Background

Friday, April 27, 2012

New York

A week ago I found this amazing opportunity on Facebook.  (This is what digital networking sites are all about, right?) New York is looking for artists.  Check this out:

What did you think?  I am so excited about this!  What an opportunity; my art displayed on a billboard sized screen in Time Square!!! (Not to mention the $10,000 to the grand prize winner!  Oh, how nice that would be...)  World, here we come!

I have been loosing sleep trying to find ways to get people to "collect me" on this website.  I thought about my friend, who gave things away for free, and decided to run a contest:  I will give away another of my beautiful 20x30 ThinWraps (with the options meticulously placed in the video above) to the person who gets the most people to "collect me" by re-posting it on their Facebook page!  (Please get your friends to confirm they did it on your post so I can keep track!)  The website:

Melonie Packer: Click "Collect Me" to help me win $10,000 and a show in the most immense exhibition of art in New York City : Art Takes Times Square.  (You'll need to sign in with FB.  You'll know you did it right when you see your name with my art above it!)

On a side note:  I really feel grateful to live in such a world where all of this is possible!  I am humbled at the help I have received so far and for the opportunity provided.  I really want to do philanthropy... (I'm sure many others would if they could as well!)  This is the time and season where it is more possible than ever to have a huge impact on a person, people or society.  I am thankful for our forefathers who laid the groundwork for this to happen.  This is for them!

(check out my work at http://www.meloniepacker.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment