Background

Monday, June 6, 2011

wi(ə)rd

Affirmation of the day:

"I am completely aware that there are people that are not going to like me... and that's okay!"

My photo book is finished! I have never had anything flow out of me so freely! It was as if the pages were already written and saved in an archive inside of me and all I had to do was open the file. I know that God is responsible for this and I thank Him profusely!

We are now editing and finding critics who will provide us with real feedback (no cushioning the tough stuff). I'm currently facing that familiar fear that has come to greet me on the eve of every art show. I know my stuff is weird... I am completely aware that there are people that are not going to like me; I will be misunderstood... and that should be okay!

I was pleased to find that if you Google "weird" definitions; this is what comes up:

weird/wi(ə)rd/
Adjective: Suggesting something supernatural; uncanny.
Noun: A person's destiny.


I like that! "Weird" is a person's destiny! So why do I fear being different? Would art really be art if it looked like everything else? Would I really be a creator if I never strayed from the mold? And if everyone liked the same things, would this world be very colorful?


"Do not quench your inspiration and your imagination; do not become the slave of your model."
Vincent Van Gogh



(check out my work at http://www.meloniepacker.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment